Sealcrete SBSA is a solvent based silicon/acrylic penetrating stain resistant sealer.
Being a derivative of Pavex SBA, it offers the same high protection qualities, but is more suited to semi-porous, medium density, paving and masonry substrates. Sealcrete SBSA also incorporates a silane, which demonstrates effective repellency of oils and water, Sealcrete SBSA offers long term protection and leaves a low sheen. The active life of Sealcrete SBSA is around 5 to 7 years before a light recoat is required.
The other advantages of using Sealcrete SBSA are:
- It strengthens soft masonry surfaces;
- It imparts water repellency whilst enabling the substrate to breathe;
- As a water repellent coating around swimming pools, it inhibits salt/chlorine damage;
- Once sealed the colour oxides are unable to be washed out or fade;
- Treated surfaces have a much cleaner and greatly increased surface life;
- Even in problematic masonry, Sealcrete SBSA greatly reduces and suppresses efflorescence; and
- Sealcrete SBSA makes it easy to remove calcium end rust such as bore water stains.
Sealcrete SBSA is suitable for:
- Archistone (low sheen)
- Earth Stone (Low sheen)
- Flynnstone (Low sheen)
- Sahara Stone (Low sheen)
- Reconstituted limestone
- Poured limestone (low sheen)
- Concrete floors (domestic low density)
Sealcrete SBSA can be easily applied by the home handy-person, or by one of our approved applicators.
The surface should be high pressure cleaned with detergent for the removal of all dirt and stains, even if the pavers are new. This will also remove the oily release agent used in the moulds during manufacture. Allow to dry for et least 3 days before applying sealer.
Ensure no rain is forecast for 24hrs after application.
The product can be applied by brush, roller or airless spray only. (Roller is preferred). A brand new high quality 25mm NAP roller is recommended.
Sealcrete SBSA applied to semi-porous paving will on average cover 3m2 per litre, which is inclusive of 2 coats.
Brushes and rollers will wash up with Xylene Thinners.